Friday, January 21, 2005

I love stupid people...

...because they make me feel smarter:

I'm a tech support engineer for a software company. I had a guy call up rather annoyed that the disks we'd sent him containing the latest version of our software didn't work.

Customer: "The install fails half way through. I tried several times, and it always fails at the same point."
Tech Support: "Did you see any kind of error message?"
Customer: "Yes."
Tech Support: "What did the error message say?"
Customer: "It said, 'Please insert Disk 2.'"
Tech Support: "Have you got another disk there?"
Customer: "Yes."
Tech Support: "Is it labelled 'Disk 2'?"
Customer: "Yes, it is."
Tech Support: "Insert that disk into the drive, and click 'OK'."
Customer: "Wow, thanks! That's fixed it. It's installing now. What was it, a faulty disk or something?"


AND:

Tech Support: "Ok, in the bottom left hand side of the screen, can you see the 'OK' button displayed?"
Customer: "Wow. How can you see my screen from there?"

3 Comments:

Blogger Kevin said...

Ahhh, stupid people. I teach at big university, which (not surprisingly) filled with stupid people. I once had a student who never came to class and failed 2 out of 3 exams ask me "Why didn't I get a B?" And then there are those who enroll in calculus II but can't add fractions...

4:45 PM  
Blogger boabhan sith said...

LOL...My husband is going to love that.
He's a tech for our county court's systems.

10:15 PM  
Blogger Bluesman said...

A friend of mine is a tech support engineer for a telecommunication company. He was once asked why the customer could not get on the internet, the whole computer would look dark. When my friend asked for the type of computer the customer had it appeared that he had only bought a screen without the computer.
I love that story because it is the consequence of human behaviour towards the computer. When there is something going wrong, at what do we yell? Right - at the screen.

3:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home