Tuesday, February 01, 2005

I am like a bulimic on a binge with those positive articles coming out of Iraq right now

I am like a bulimic on a binge with those positive articles coming out of Iraq right now...and I know that the next cold front is coming in, and it will be a while before we see anything like this again. So I am lapping it up.

Here is another feel good story from a blog from Iraq:

I spent the morning in a meeting with an Iraqi officer and a tribal leader from al Anbar. That's a pretty typical situation. There's always more to it than straight up work, though. [...]

The meeting progressed, with greeting-countergreeting being followed by point counterpoint. It was in Arabic, and I'm not yet good enough to keep up with everything. During the conversation there were some sharp statements made, accompanied by broad hand gestures. As they sat there, wagging fingers across the table at each other, I interpreted in my mind.[...]

But my satiric smirk turned to a real smile when I noticed that these sharply pointing fingers both shared one key similarity.
They were both dyed blue.


*Sigh* Oh, that's beautiful. This is like one long Hallmark Special.

Okay, I am not naive enough to think that everything is sweet and beautiful now, but I think that things are definately more positive. To quote an Iraqi voting official that was interviewed on CNN: it represents "a paradigm shift"...whoa, Iraqis beware: Bullshit Bingo is on its way to your country!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home