Saturday, March 12, 2005

Celebrating my Boyfriend's Birthday

What do you do usually when it’s someone’s birthday? Well, usually you would make the day special for that person: bake a cake, wrap some presents, and spoil them. (Provided you really like this person.)

What do you do when it’s your boyfriend’s birthday and he is deployed? Well, you hope that the present you ordered online has reached him, you hope that his day was somehow made special, and you hope that he calls so you can personally wish him happy birthday.

How dumb is that? The birthday boy having to call you, so that you can wish him a happy birthday?

I wasn’t sure, if he would call, because we had just talked two days before. But sure enough the phone rang around 3pm. I could tell it was him from the caller ID, and answered: Happy Birthday!

He’s not that big on birthdays, so it wasn’t a big deal for him. He said he hadn’t called me, because it was his birthday. He would have called anyway.

But for me, it was really important. Like Sarah’s post on wifeing, I miss “girlfriend-ing” my boyfriend. And just to be able to say "Happy Birthday" to him, made my day!

1 Comments:

Blogger The Girl said...

I am very happy to hear you were able to do some "girlfriend-ing" on his birthday!

2:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home