Wednesday, March 09, 2005

First Call!

Yay! Yay! I was sitting at work today, proofreading a horribly boring disseratation, when I got a welcome distraction: my cell phone rang! I picked it up, said hello, heard myself echo back hello, and then I heard the voice of my wonderful boyfriend!

Although I wanted him to call, I was sure that when he finally did I would just start sniffling and sobbing...but I didn't. It was the most normal call ever. We joked and teased like always, got each other caught up on gossip, and were able to enjoy ourselves like there wasn't a care in the world.

And my cell phone, which has a habit of dying at the most inopportune of times, remained steady and clear. It was like everything was going our way. And when we heard an automatic voice announcing that we only had two more minutes left, it wasn't so terrible, as we had talked almost 15 minutes!

Oh, thank you, sweet technology: phones on military installations and cell phones!

2 Comments:

Blogger Jake said...

Awwwwwww :)

10:35 PM  
Blogger Sue said...

Glad to hear he called! Isn't it wonderful how just 15 minutes can have you walking on air for a week?

6:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home