Thursday, May 26, 2005

I'm It!

Teresa is playing tag and I'm it!

1) Total number of films I own on DVD/video:
Um…I think I am majorly uncool: I own 3 films of DVD…and they aren’t even good films…they are cheesey cheap films. I usually just rent.

2) The last film I bought:
Pumping Iron for my Dad for Xmas. Arnold is Numero Uno! Update: Oh, wait, I just remembered that I have been sending DVDs downrange for my soldier...can't say what the last one was yet, because he hasn't yet received it. But the one before was: The Girl Next Door, Unrated Version (yes...I am a GREAT girlfriend).

3) The last film I watched:
Ray…awesome movie Jamie Foxx deserved every award he got for that performance.

4) Five films that I watch a lot or that mean a lot to me (in noparticular order):

Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory – I love all Raold Dahl books…and the movie was fabulous. We watched it as kids all the time, and of course have it on DVD now. My brothers also nicknamed me Veruca Salt. But I can’t wait until the new Johnny Depp version comes out!

Legally Blonde – I love the whole just because you like pink, have blonde hair, and tend to be incredibly fashionable…doesn’t mean you’re stupid theme (I was a huge “Clueless” fan too…this is the Clueless for 20-somethings).

The Incredibles – When I was watching it, I was thinking: does anyone else realize that this is a total propaganda film for “conservative” values? I love that movie!

Team America - Just because the movie is gross, funny, irreverant and intelligent all at the same time.

Eternal Sunshine of The Spotless Mind – A great movie about love and relationships. There was one scene where Clementine is complaining that Joel doesn’t talk enough and he responds: “Constantly talking isn't necessarily communicating.” And the movie is full of little gems like that.

5) Tag 5 people and have them put this in their journal:

Sarah
The Girl
Arjan
Jake
Katiedid

5 Comments:

Blogger Nasim Fekrat said...

Good page you have

11:54 AM  
Blogger StoicMom said...

I love Legally Blond too, but I just saw Ray and, aside from the music, I hated it. I got so tired of watching him shoot up heroin. It wasn't until the end of the movie that they tell you he beat heroin and spent the next 40 years clean and doing his shows. THAT'S what the entire movie should have been about...him overcoming a heroin addiction. That is so impressive. I think this movie was not worthy of the man. But nonetheless, Jamie Foxx was great.

7:38 PM  
Blogger Teresa said...

OMG - Legally Blonde I love because Reese reminds me so much of my daughter in that movie... (note she is not a lawyer, but she is blonde and cute and constantly underestimated by almost everyone *grin*) Picking 5 out of all the great movies is nearly impossible... thanks for answering!

1:14 AM  
Blogger Carolyn Albro said...

Ohhh I LOVE Eternal Sunshine!! That was such an awesome movie!

7:22 AM  
Blogger katiedid said...

I loved The Incredibles. The artwork was gorgeous... and Edna! I so ::heart:: Edna. I suspect you're just joshing around, but just to throw my two cents in, I didn't think it was propaganda at all for "conservative" values. It was about a family that loved one another very much, and that has little to do with being liberal, conservative, or square in the middle politically.

I still haven't seen Ray... I'll get around to it I guess. I'm just not terribly enthused about it. I think all the hype has me wanting to run in the other direction now.

1:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home