Wednesday, May 18, 2005

My Theory of Relativity

Einstein once said:

When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. When you sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That's relativity.

Well, I have a new version:

When you are waiting for your boyfriend to come home for R&R, the months just creep by. When you are writing your thesis, and only have until your boyfriend is coming home on R&R, suddenly that time starts zipping by.

Yesterday I put in the application for my thesis. Next week I will get a letter making it all official, and then the clock starts ticking. Officially I have until the end of September, but I have to finish it by the end of August, if I want to make it into the winter semester exam session, which starts in November.

And every time I think how hard this all is, I just think how I would rather be writing my thesis and preparing for exams, than living for a year in huts in Afghanistan. Now, that is relativity.

1 Comments:

Blogger katiedid said...

Well, I'll keep my fingers crossed for luck for you, B. I'm sure you'll do fine once you get started working on it.

11:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home