Thursday, May 05, 2005

The Supply Our Soldiers Act

I don't really know how it is in the States, but here in Germany, I know that all post from one APO address to another is free. So spouses and families here in Germany can send their soldiers packages free of charge. I have been able to send my boyfriend a package by giving it to a really kind friend of mine, who sent it from her APO address to my boyfriend. Anyways, I was disappointed to hear that there isn't some kind of provision made for families back in the States for sending their soldiers packages (I don't know if there is any military post in the States). However, I do know that when my boyfriend's parents or siblings send him something, they have to pay for postage. And I think it would lessen the hardship if families didn't have to pay for postage to soldiers.

Anyways...I am being long-winded here, when Shannon really made a great post about a bill proposal for postal benefits for the families of deployed soldiers, and another interesting issue, extended careers:

My husband will only be 43 when he's forced out and it's a shame that the Army will lose a great soldier due to an out of date and senseless policy. We are paying a high price for forcing out our most experienced soldiers - especially while our nation is at war.

2 Comments:

Blogger dcat said...

Hello CaliValleyGirl,

:) Your husband is a soldier?!!! Why didn't you say so!?

Sorry it took me so long to write back to your place. You will be on my blogroll now.

4:20 AM  
Blogger CaliValleyGirl said...

Um....my boyfriend is a soldier...the long term plan would be him being my husband...but for the time being, I am "just" a soldier's girlfriend.

11:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home