Monday, May 23, 2005

Taking advantage of my boyfriend's kindness

I spent the weekend at my boyfriend’s place. That’s one of the benefits of my man being gone for a year: I have a second residence. I call it my place in the countryside. He lives in a cute little German farming community, and his landlords are just darling. It’s always a pleasure going there, and being able to roam through his apartment, since I just have a small studio in the city.

Also he has loads of amenities that I can only dream of: like a washer and dryer. I have to lug my stuff to the laundrymat. So when I go to his place, I inevitably bring loads and loads of laundry. This time was no exception: I took one huge duffel bag and my backpacking rucksack containing bed sheets, towels, and clothes. The whole weekend long the washer and dryer were going. And Sunday I packed everything back into the bags, and loaded everything into the car.

I also took his toaster (mine is broken and he told me I could use his since he won’t be needing it for the whole year) and an extra Camelback he had lying around, since I can use it when I go running. And I just hoped his landlords weren’t looking out the window right then, otherwise they were going to think that I was clearing out his apartment.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

One time during the deployment Red 6's landlord saw me taking stuff out of his apartment and she flipped out. She thought he had been killed and I was taking care of business :)

7:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home