Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Get your fingers off my latte!

I am starting to see an alarming trend here...See, before those opposed to more traditional conservative views were taunted because of their granola eating habits or Birkenstock clad feet. And if they were really extreme you could brand them as Chomsky-reading leftist elitist. I really didn't care, because, being more of a Rice Crispies girl myself, I'm not that big on granola, my tootsies look nicer in Reef's and Chomsky is a dork.

However lately, my beloved latte has been branded as being, well, a liberal mascot.

Even with a frothy steamed milk mustache, I can stand right of center.

I implore you, my latte did nothing wrong. It is completely apolitical. Please leave it alone, and don't drag it into a battle it doesn't want to fight.

3 Comments:

Blogger Sminklemeyer said...

Yes, the latte is a symbol of the left just like guns are for the right. Me, I'm in the middle. I love lattes, am against abortion, hate guns, don't believe in the death penelty and believe in less government. But when it comes to military, I'm very right. Does anyt of this make sense? Maybe I should quit goofing off at work and actually work. Na. I'll sip on my latte.

10:29 PM  
Blogger Teresa said...

I know... I drink Soy Mochas... about as frou-frou as you can get with a coffee drink. I'm not quite sure how this came to pass - but it always makes me laugh.

11:06 PM  
Blogger Household6 said...

I too stand just right of center but in my hand is a nice cappuccino usually with an extra shot of espresso. My vice? Not sex, not drugs but caffeine.

Never stand between me and my caffeine...that's a dangerous space to be in.

It's a shame they want to lable a perfectly good cup o' joe and make it take sides.

Household6

7:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home