Friday, June 17, 2005

June 8th mortar attack from the Chinook crew's pespective

The Stars and Stripes has an article about the mortar attack from the perspective of Chief Warrant Officer 2 Joshua Howe, the pilot in command of the Ch-47, and the rest of his crew:

“I heard the bang in the back of the aircraft,” Howe, 28, of Punta Gorda, Fla., recalled Monday in a telephone interview from Afghanistan. “We hadn’t been on the ground two minutes.”

You get a real idea of the chaos and how quickly things happen during such an attack.

2 Comments:

Blogger Teresa said...

I had thought my son was on that flight... but he's not listed. Hmmm... got the wrong idea from his email then. He really should write more than 1 line at a time.

5:59 AM  
Blogger Shawn said...

My brother, Sgt. Michael Jason Kelley was one of the two service man killed in this attack on June 8, 2005. My family buried Michael today in his home town of Scituate, MA. The military presented my brother with a broze star and a purple heart. He was buried with full military honors and people came from all over New England and beyond to honor my brother. I am so proud of my brother and I wish the pain that my family and I are going through on no one else.

I pray to all military personnel stationed in harms way in Operation Enduring Freedom and Operation Iraqi Freedom godspeed and that God will protect them.

1:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home