Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Blogging the USO Comedy Tour

I love reading blogs from (relatively unknown, but incredibly brave) comedians who travel to Iraq or Afghanistan to perform for the troops...they even go to Forward Operating Bases. They always seem to have a knack of making intelligent observations, but in an incredibly amusing way.

After recounting a few encounters he had with people after his Afghanistan tour Rob P. writes:

I realize infusing first-hand knowledge into a political discussion is not really the thing to do in this day and age, and I should stick to whatever talking points my cause has handed out. I also realize that our culture is partly to blame, we live in a world where you can watch 24-hour news channels for 24 hours and still be uninformed, but if you're only talking to hear your own opinion and not to interact with your conversation-mate, leave me out of it.

He also has a picture of a Chinook...and I have no idea if Aircraft 138 is in Big Windy...but I like to think so.

2 Comments:

Blogger airforcewife said...

"we live in a world where you can watch 24-hour news channels for 24 hours and still be uninformed"

The line of the decade.

3:35 PM  
Blogger Teresa said...

Too bad it's not tail number 141 - I think that's the tail number of my son's aircraft.

Yes, to the uniformed... and maybe not even entertained (which I have decided is the entire role of 24 hour news - even though they do a really bad job at that too!)

10:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home