Tuesday, August 30, 2005

It was so bad, that it went back to being good again

I was reading Thunder6's review of the show 'Over There', and something tells me that this might become like the Rocky Horror Picture Show of Iraq movies/TV shows for some:

I don’t have the words to express how tragically flawed the show really is. There are bad shows, and there are terrible shows. There are even shows so singularly awful they come full circle and almost seem interesting. This show is much, much worse then even those campy train wrecks. The episode was so abominable that I couldn’t even get angry at it’s hollow depictions of combat, all I could do was laugh until my sides ached.

2 Comments:

Blogger airforcewife said...

Unfortunately, there are those who believe that it is an accurate depiction.

I got an email from a civilian friend about how accurate and gut wrenching it was, REAL WAR! - so I had to reply about how hubby said that it wasn't like what he experienced.

That didn't compute. People believe what they want to believe.

3:12 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

I thought it was very good. I haven't missed an episode yet, which is very unusual for me.

Actually this show has made me support the war even more.

4:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home