Monday, October 31, 2005

Online Interview

Last week David from National Summary emailed me a questionnaire to be a part of his post of interviews of female bloggers, and I finally got cracking on it this weekend and returned it to him.

While I was answering the questions I realized how much I have stepped back from politics in America. I mean, the conflicts in Iraq and Afghanistan are only one part of the government's "projects." It is essentially a foreign affairs issue, that has taken precedence in my mind over everything else that is happening in the country.

The last thing that piqued my interest was the Miers nomination. I mean, I feel so clueless about anything that is going on, or any decisions being made by the government in the near future other than the SCOTUS nominations.

I have no idea about a lot of things, and I am feeling a little stupid. I don't know if it's because I am living in Germany, and just not affected daily by much of the government's doings...or if I have momentarily lost interest. I think it's the latter...and I certainly hope it's just a phase.

6 Comments:

Blogger Fermina Daza said...

I've been feeling the same way though I'm not living in a foreign country (though Hawaii tends to feel that way sometimes...). I go through cycles - some weeks I'm really on top of political happenings and other weeks I have other things that are capturing my attention.

I think, for me, part of it is frustration over the stupid CRAP that goes on here on a regular basis and the utter lack of perspective the media and the general population has on the things I consider to be important.

hope that made sense. it's late...

9:52 AM  
Blogger airforcewife said...

I majored in Poli Sci in college and worked for several political campaigns, and I feel the same way you do. AND I'm not in Germany.

I got so irritated that people can't see how important the GWOT is, and how partisanship seemed to take precedence over common sense that I can't find it in myself to care much at all anymore.

It may also have something to do with being so close to the situation...

5:56 PM  
Blogger Household6 said...

I noticed that I am more aware of European politics than just the US. It probably because I get so little from AFN and watch British telly more.

I have to go read MJ's blog to get caught up on US politics.

HH6

2:44 PM  
Blogger Teresa said...

You did a great job on the interview! I wonder how he finds women bloggers... I see a bunch of bloggers I know of that he interviewed already.

Anyway, don't worry about a lull in your feelings toward politics. You've been under the gun with classes and stuff. The world always turns and politics will be there when you have the energy to take an interest.

10:54 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

You are an absolute trip. I can't believe you cared that much about me, because your blog has gotten way better than mine. But I'm so glad you persisted and that we've become friends...

10:53 AM  
Blogger Kent said...

I would honored if you would check in regularly @ R.F.L. I'll try my best to keep you informed on all the stuff happening here at home.

8:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home