Wednesday, November 09, 2005

I have become a military groupie


A few years ago, I was absolutely clueless about the military.

Couldn't tell a Chinook from a Blackhawk, a Bradley from an Abrams. Infantry, artillery, what's the difference? And I honestly didn't care that much. But now, I want to know everything. If a soldier lets me, I will question them for hours on their training, their field, their experiences...anything and everything.

And wars also interest me so much now. How wars come about, i.e. the political side. And also planning, i.e. the logistical side.

I have managed to bring these into my studies. My topics for my upcoming exams are: The American Aviation Industry during the Second World War, The origins of the American Civil War, and the Origins of the Cold War. And if I could, I would try to bring some military related topic into my English linguistics exam...;-)

4 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Sounds interesting to me.

7:53 PM  
Blogger Sue said...

I'm right there with ya!

9:15 PM  
Blogger Fermina Daza said...

I'm the same way. I'm like a sponge when it comes to the military - I can't seem to learn enough!

2:28 AM  
Blogger Rotating Heads said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

7:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home