Saturday, November 05, 2005

Kids and Love

I am one of those grumpy aunts...I love my nieces and nephew, but make them entertain me, instead of the other way around. I love asking them questions and teasing them. And their reactions and answers are just priceless. Somehow children are a window into the purest unadulterated (now I am seeing where that word comes from) truth. They tell it straight, without packaging it in incomprehensible rhetoric and forgetting the point.

And sometimes there are amazing gems of wisdom that come out.

Sue has a post up (you need to scroll a bit) about kids' answers to the question: What is love? A sampling:

"Love is what makes you smile when you're tired."
Terri - age 4

"Love is when you kiss all the time. Then when you get tired of kissing, you still want to be together and you talk more. My Mommy and Daddy are like that. They look gross when they kiss"
Emily - age 8

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home