Friday, December 16, 2005

Golf and Guns

I got an email from a friend deployed to Kuwait right now. In July 2004 he returned to Germany after a 15 month deployment to Iraq. Having experienced the rigors of a deployment to Iraq, Kuwait is almost paradise, albeit a pretty boring one.

He often sends pics and recounts the mundane details of, by his account, his "idle life" there, and today I got an email with pictures of his room...and had to laugh at this picture:


He writes:

I really like the picture with my rifle and golf clubs. I think that sums up my experience in Kuwait thus far. I really don't know anything about golf but I plan to learn something while I'm here. Also, golf clubs are fun because, as a friend here said:
"There's not a whole lot you can do to inspire more anger in other people who are working than hitting golfballs. Not standing outside smoking, or even sleeping in your chair. Nothing screams "idle" louder than a guy outside hitting golfballs."
I thought about it and I think its true. I should be a pro at hitting sandtrapped balls by the time I leave here.

2 Comments:

Blogger Teresa said...

Oh that is hysterical! I love it.

6:09 AM  
Blogger ThatBeeGirl said...

Whoa, that definitely is a contrast! :)

7:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home