Saturday, December 10, 2005

Oh, Gwynnie...you shouldn't have

I am a gossip whore. And one of my favorite things is when actors get political:

Gwyneth Paltrow has once again taken a shot at the United States while talking about the resolve of the British people after the terrorist attack in London on July, 7. Paltrow, who lives in London, says she was amazed by the locals' courage in the face of adversity after the coordinated attacks on the London subways.

What was said:
"I find the English amazing how they got over 7/7. There were no multiple memorials with people sobbing as they would have been in America. There, they are constantly scaring people but at the same time, people think nothing of going to see a therapist."


WWTDD's Response:
Alright, listen you condescending b*tch, first of all, you're an idiot. Second of all, you're an idiot. Thirdly, you're wrong. There were plenty of memorials for the 52 people murdered on 7/7. Not as many as there were in America for the 2986 people murdered on 9/11, but there was a pretty good reason why. Can you guess what it is? I just gave you a hint! And while you're furrowing your giant brow in a clumsy effort to think, maybe you can also recall your beloved England when Princess Diana was killed. Those pictures in your head are called "memories" and they're going to reveal images of multiple memorials with people sobbing. Maybe it'll also dawn on you that you named your damn kid Apple. Sure, 'Apple' is shorter than 'Please Yank My Shorts Over My Head And Beat Me Till I Pee On Myself', but it was pretty much the same thing.

Reminds me of MAD Magazine's Snappy Answers to Stupid Questions.

3 Comments:

Blogger ThatBeeGirl said...

Wait.
She knows she's not British, right?!
Reminds me of the "SNL" skit where she poked fun at herself for thinking she's British.

11:50 PM  
Blogger Household6 said...

I wanted to say the same damn thing when Johnny Depp was all excited about living in France during the riots.

They are idiots both of them!

HH6

7:33 AM  
Blogger ChickenFriedCricket said...

Oh my God, that was hilarious! Thanks for the laugh.

And yes, she (and Depp) are morons. Oh yeah, and Madonna too. I especially like the fake accents.

8:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home