Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Firepower Forward is on his way home

For the last year I have been reading FF's posts, gleaning some insight into what it must be like for my boyfriend during his deployment. His posts have often left me in tears or at least with a lump in my throat. And although this paragraph might seem innocuous to many readers, it was no exception:

Last night, our C-17 turned onto the end of the Bagram, the cabin lights went dark, and then with brakes holding us fast, the massive engines roared up to full throttle. Suddenly the brakes were released and I was jolted back in my seat as the mammoth aircraft lurched down the runway. A moment later we rotated into I am sure was a space shuttle like trajectory, and at 14:45 Dublin Pub Time I left Afghanistan soil for the last time.

I can't wait until my boyfriend gets on that plane too. Part of me will be with him, as I have been this past year. And I can't wait for him to come home again, so I can feel whole again.

3 Comments:

Blogger nicole said...

Yay! I love the reference to "Dublin pub time"...when Cole was in Iraq, his buddies would always write about their longing for the German beer...how good it will be for you!

7:22 PM  
Blogger Stacy Kaye said...

You are almost there! I'm happy for you, as well.

1:25 AM  
Blogger Adrienne Dawn said...

Every time I think about someone like you that deals with LONG separations from the one she loves, I thank God my husband doesn't have to do that, but I also thank God that SOMEONE is willing to protect me and mine so that I CAN have my husband close to me! So thanks!

8:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home