Wednesday, May 03, 2006

D-Day Minus 3

My first final exam is on Friday. I have a total of three written exams, and one oral. Once those are over, I will have finished my degree. Whoo hoo....um, acutally, I need to add a qualifier to that: once those are over and I have successfully passed them, I will have finished my degree. Whoo hoo...(I hope).

The exams consist of answering one question in essay form on a topic chosen in agreement with my professors. I will have four hours to write to my heart's content, and hopefully answer the question. The exams take place on Saturday mornings, every other Saturday. So my final exam will fall on June 3rd, the day before my 28th birthday.

After that I will have to prepare for the oral exam, which consists of preparing two topics, and answering questions about them for 45 minutes. That will take place sometime in June.

I am feeling pretty confident about the upcoming exam, but a little worried about the 3 to follow. Also, I am starting to get feel a little anxious about things, because after having the structure (well, that would be an overstatement, because any college student knows that college life can be as unstructured as you would like) of college, I will be diving into the unknown world sarcastically called “reality” by many.

I am at a real crossroads. Part of me is very excited about being able to finally make decisions beyond what classes to take next semester, and what topic to write a paper on. But another part of me is a little afraid of the huge vacuum that university will leave in its wake in my life.

But for the time being, I must focus on passing these exams. Wish me luck!

11 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

You don't need luck, Girl! Go get 'em! I'll be thinking of you....

5:00 PM  
Blogger Courtney said...

Good luck. My finals are coming up too.

6:18 PM  
Blogger Stacy Kaye said...

Good luck and congrats on reaching this major milestone! You will do just fine in the "real world."

9:10 PM  
Blogger Erin said...

Good luck! I know how you feel!

10:43 PM  
Blogger Nicole said...

Congrats and GOOD LUCK!

3:17 AM  
Blogger Teresa said...

You will be fabulous! *grin*

As for leaving college for the real world - the worst part of that is that the vacays are WAY shorter - the work world is what you make of it - same as college.

3:50 AM  
Blogger ThatBeeGirl said...

Congratulations!
The real world isn't as scary as it seems.
:)

2:17 PM  
Blogger CaliValleyGirl said...

FlyGuy,

Me neither...we will have to toast to it at the ball. See you then!

7:50 PM  
Blogger Jennie said...

Girl, I KNOW you are going to simply kick butt, take names and call back. You GO, girl!!!

2:21 AM  
Blogger Billie said...

I know you're in the middle of your finals, but good luck with the remainding ones. I have two this week and I'm losing motivation to study. ugg!!!

2:27 PM  
Blogger Living Dees Life said...

Goodluck! Hoping all that knowledge won't fry your brain :)

*i know it would mine*

Jenny

10:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home