Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Results

I went to the university yesterday to see my exam results. They were supposed to be posted as of 11 AM. I was so nervous, my heart was really pounding, and the two flights of stairs up to the third floor to see them seemed like the longest ever. I found the glass wall case, searhed for my matriculation number and....only ONE lousy result from the three exams so far. What a let down. That means I have to go through that whole rigmarole next week again, when they update the lists.

I got a 3,7 which ain't great. The German grading system is 1-6, 1 being the highest. You must have between a 1 and a 4 to pass. So basically, I was 3 decimal points away from not passing. But hey, passing is passing. So I am relieved about that. Also, I saw a few results with 5s or 4s, so I am not going to feel too sorry for myself.

Next Thursday, the 29th, I have my oral exam. So I am prepping for that now. Hopefully I will have my two missing results by then, because my professor will give me my oral grade immediately. Then I would be able to walk away knowing all my scores.

And hopefully I will then be Frau Magister CaliValleyGirl! Actually, they don't say that here. I think only Austria puts the masters' title in someone's name...and they don't really do it anymore either. But I am certain that for the first few days after getting my degree I will demand that my friends call me that. It's got to at least be worth that.

4 Comments:

Blogger airforcewife said...

Congratulations!

4:22 PM  
Blogger Stacy Kaye said...

Man, what a let down to not get to see all of your scores! And you're right...a pass is a pass! And you will have your MASTERS! What a huge accomplishment! Congrats!

6:25 AM  
Blogger Nicole said...

I second! Congrats!

1:31 AM  
Blogger Bluesman said...

You may put MA on your card if you like. But it is not a doctor.
Too bad your oral exam is going to be delayed one week. However maybe you will have your other results by then.

10:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home