Tagged in Threes
Three Things That Scare Me
3. My dad’s driving
Three People Who Make Me Laugh
1. My pre-husband (I picked up that alterna-word for fiancé from ValleyGirly and loved it) Anyhoo, my pre-husband makes me laugh a lot. To his chagrin, it is most often not intentional.
2. Will Ferrell
3. My nieces
Three Things I Love
1. Foot massages
2. Bike riding
3. A really good novel
Three Things I Hate
1. Shirking off work. I do it occasionally (like right now). But I try to make up, by staying at work late (last night I didn’t get home until after 8pm)
2. Littering. It is making me depressed here. I don’t remember LA being this dirty. People just don’t care. It makes me so sad.
3. Passive aggressive behavior. There is nothing that annoys me more than the person in line complaining about something, loudly, but they won’t address someone personally in a mature way. No, they think it’s way better to start musing out loud to no one in particular at the Post Office that you have been waiting in line for 15 minutes, and this is just ridiculous.
Three Things I Don't Understand
1. Why people do things they are apathetic about. They get that dead fish look in their eyes. I think it’s utopian to believe that people should enjoy what they do in life, but my grandfather had a little saying: “if something is worth doing, it’s worth doing well.”
2. Playing the victim, the poor me card. Why people disempower themselves, I will never understand.
3. Why AirforceWife stopped her blog. Okay, I understand, but still...I want to guilt trip for the lack of sharing.
Three Things On My Desk
1. Peanuts from a random happy customer: imagine that, he sent us a check and put bags of peanuts in his UPS envelope to us.
2. A box of business cards. Yes, I HAVE business cards. Whooo-hoo!
3. Samples of washers, nuts, blots and screws that I have had to order over the last week.
Three Things I'm Doing Right Now
1. Shirking off work…arg.
2. Sitting cross legged…I tend to do that, there is a history of varicose veins in our family, and I try to keep my legs elevated when possible.
3. Thinking that it will be time to go home for lunch in about 30 mins.
Three Things I Want To Do Before I Die
1. Have loads of babies. My pre-husband, one of seven, isn’t too enthusiastic about the plan. His priest is though…;-)
2. Become a really good sewer, and be able to make dress shirts for my pre-husband, and his ridiculously long monkey arms!
3. Look back and have no regrets.
Three Things I Can Do
1. Make a killer puff pastry.
2. Drive a forklift…oh, yeah, that’s rocking.
3. Okay…with a dictionary, and a little time, I can decipher Latin.
Three Things I Can't Do
1. Speak Chinese. Drove me nuts when we were in China.
2. Stay really calm when people start ramping up with me. I get really flustered and my cheeks flush…it’s embarrassing.
3. Say the right thing, when people need comfort.
Three Things I Think You Should Listen To
1. Your parents. Well, at least my parents. Lots of wisdom to share.
2. Your grandparents, lots of wisdom to share. Plus they are like historical sources. I can listen to hours of my grandmother talking about Germany during the war, etc.
3. Kids. They crack me up.
Three Things You Should Never Listen To
1. Anyone who says that if you don’t think how they think, you are stupid. (I obviously think this sometimes.)
2. Anyone who tells you, you can’t do something. (Got to ditto MQ on this).
3. Don’t know anything else.
Three Things I'd Like To Learn
1. To speak Chinese.
2. To become more knowledgeable in my field of work (which I why I am doing an online tag, right now).
3. To water ski
Three Favorite Foods
1. Oreo milkshake
2. Anything with peanuts. Ice cream, Sate, green papaya salad, reeses.
3. My pre-husband’s BBQ ribs
Three Shows I Watched As A Kid
1. Transformers (so excited about the movie).
2. He-Man and She-RA
3. Knight Rider