Thursday, March 20, 2008

The twos fighting hares and the tortoise

I was looking online this morning thinking there had to be some Aesop fable describing the current presidential race, but I came up empty handed...so I created my own. There are three serious candidates for president right now. And two of them are so busy fighting each other, that they don't even realize that the 3rd one is slowly creeping towards the finish line. And by the time one of the hares delivers the knock-out punch to the other, they will have a lot of catching up to do with the slowly plodding tortoise.

I had to smirk this morning when I saw that that McCain met with Gordon Brown, the British PM today as part of his tour through the Middle East and Europe. It's almost like he is behaving like him becoming the POTUS is in the bag, and he might as well start the leg work on future foreign policy. And others might start believing that too.

I wonder when the two hares might stop their squabbling long enough to realize that the tortoise is becoming just a spot on the horizon towards the finish line?

5 Comments:

Blogger Only $19.95 said...

Fine by me! Silly rabbits, trix is for kids....

5:33 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

I used your fable last night in conversation. It fit perfectly.

4:52 PM  
Blogger Nicole said...

That's true. They (the news media) were discussing how the non-stop bickering between the two democratic candidates is bad for John McCain because he's "on page 10 instead of page 1"....I thought the opposite. He's quietly becoming the next president as far as I'm concerned.

10:18 PM  
Blogger Stacy Kaye said...

What a great analogy! They should use it in the media!

6:15 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

You are so right! I love it!

5:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home