Thursday, September 04, 2008

Interesting Palin factoid

I did not know this, though it might be old news to some:

Sarah defeated incumbent Republican governor Frank Murkowski in the Republican primary and former Democratic governor Tony Knowles in the general election, garnering 48.3% of the vote to 40.9% for Knowles.

That's HUGE. Alaska had a Republican governor. Usually a party nominates their incumbant candidate for re-election. But Alaskan Republicans were so taken with Palin, that they chose her over their incumbant...and she went on to win the election. Fabulous!

A little side note: How freakin' adorable was that when Piper Palin was lovingly holding Trig during their mom's RNC speech, oblivious to the hoopla, staring at him and stroking his hair. And then she licks her palm and smooths his hair? Did anyone else catch that? Also, I loved it when Sarah Palin mentioned her daughters, and Piper gets up and urges her other sisters to stand up too...man, that kid is so real. Norman Rockwellian. Untouched yet by being worried about what others might think...

Update: Nicole has a You Tube link to the Piper hair care treatment.

2 Comments:

Blogger Heidi said...

I loved that too! It is obvious that Piper loves her baby brother!

6:23 PM  
Blogger Butterfly Wife said...

I think my husband is getting a little tired of me saying that I want to be just like Piper Palin when I grow up.

4:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home