Friday, January 30, 2009

Recession Trickle Affect

I have found a new favorite guilty pleasure. When Wall Street was hit hard by the recession, so were all those poor bankers' girlfriends, and at this blog they are able to pour their hearts out about their financial woes...the girls are witty:

I couldn’t comprehend why people were so insistent that America’s automobile industry had to be saved. We import safer more fuel efficient cars from Asia. No big deal. Survival of the fittest, that’s my motto, or was, until my FBF broke up with me. He explained my termination as follows:

“Princess, we need to talk. How do I explain this? You are a costly investment. During better economic times, I was happy to spend a little extra to buy American, but now we are all being forced to make tough decisions and, well, bottom line: I can quite literally get more bang for my buck if I invest with a foreign model instead. Do you understand what I’m trying to tell you?”

And that my fellow DABA girls is more or less how my girlfriend services were outsourced to an underage Russian model who was willing to provide services substantially equivalent to my own but at well-below market value and without the regulatory hassle. F*cking mercenary.

I hope the government earmarked some bailout money for ex-DABA girls. Without my FBF subsidizing my lifestyle, I am seriously over leveraged with Saks and I’m not talking about Goldman.

3 Comments:

Blogger Nicole said...

Oh my goodness, that's funny. I have a great article from about a year and 1/2 ago that's written by a would-be investment banker's girlfriend and answered by a wealthy banker himself. It's priceless. I should send it to you.

10:42 AM  
Blogger CaliValleyGirl said...

Lols, I know the article you are talking about, it was a Craigslist post, right? Oh, yeah, that was hysterical.

2:22 PM  
Blogger Nicole said...

Yeah, that's the one...come to think of it, I think Billie posted it. It was great.

8:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home